JTS Project Management
We use the Project Management Institute (PMI) “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)” as the fundamental resource for effective project management for every program or project.
Our project management teams with subject matter experts (SMEs) that understand and compile relevant cost, schedule (time) and scope information. Your project personnel can then use that information to make decisions about funding status, task prioritization and resourcing alternatives. This process achieves quality results that meet your goals and objectives.
For more established PMO requirements, we can assist customers with more advanced services to include:
- Governance. Providing information/data to ensure that decisions are made by the right people, based on the right information. The governance role can also include audits or peer reviews, developing project and program structures and ensuring accountability at all levels.
- Transparency. Being responsible for providing information as the single source of the truth. Information should be relevant, understandable, and accurate to support effective decision-making.
- Reusability. Facilitating the sharing of knowledge to prevent project teams from reinventing the wheel. We provide the PMO a central point for lessons learned, standard templates and best practices.
- Delivery support. We work to simplify project management by reducing bureaucracy and providing training, coaching, mentoring and quality assurance.
- Traceability. We often provide the Configuration Management functions for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge.
In our experience, most customer PMOs will require a blend of service activities that are best achieved when tailored to the needs of the organization. Leaders, managers and team members learn quickly what to expect, positive results for the project happens more quickly, and stakeholders can easily report progress because the reporting a framework is already in place.
Contact us if you want a PMO that can be a strategic partner for business, program, or project.